Friday, December 25, 2009

Adriana Caselotti, the Voice of Snow White



Snow White is one of the most beloved Disney films of all time. Adriana Caselotti is the woman who gave Snow White her voice. Walt Disney blacklisted her after the film was made, as he did not want her voice used in any other film. She can be heard, however, in The Wizard of Oz- During the Tin Man's Song "If I Only Had a Heart" she can be heard uttering the line "Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"

Later in life she sold autographs. She sent everything back unsigned, with a price list. I figured what the heck, she's 80, I may as well- so I sent her $60, her fee for signing both drawings. She signed both of them, and also sent me a nice note on Snow White stationary, and a signed photo for free! Sadly she passed away just two months later at age 80, so I was glad I ended up paying her to sign them.

2 comments:

Tom D. said...

When stuff like that happens, blacklisting and such, I can't help but wonder if it makes people bitter, hence the reason to charge fans for autographs.... their way of getting back at the people who wronged them??? Very nice that she did sign them, though.

Snow White Archive said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. What a wonderful post on Adriana. It's very cool that you had it signed.